Daniel Pocock <dan...@pocock.pro> wrote:
    > For a home network or a small office, what is the best practice for
    > using ULA in parallel with the prefix from an ISP?

    > Consider the following:

    > - router (OpenWRT or Debian) receives prefix delegation from ISP and
    > shares it, and also a ULA prefix, over the LAN with DHCPv6

    > - there is a small server or NAS running Debian on the LAN

So, this is all outlined in RFC7084 (replacing RFC6204), and post-CC
OpenWRT/LEDE do a very good job of doing exactly what you describe.

Also, the HOMENET WG has done work to make this work when you have multiple
uplinks, and multiple routers with-in the "home", and do this in a zerotouch
way.

There are many opportunities to contribute to this effort.

]     m...@sandelman.ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [