On 2004-12-05 David Schmitt wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 11:00:16PM +0100, Christian Storch wrote:
> > After the first message would be accepted within(!) the open window of
> > suggested 1 - 4 hours after initial trial it should be
> > whitelisted for about one month.
> > So the effect would be, that succeeding messages fitting the triple would
> > be relayed without any delay.
> >
> > By the way I see also no problem with actual laws in Europe.
> > (But I'm also no lawyer! ;)
>
> Indeed the triple containing email addresses of both the sender and the
> recipient are stored far longer than necessary for billing reasons or do
> you bill by number of recieved messages?
The (european? at least German) law says "until the end of the 6th month
after the bill" to give time to complain against it. So that's far longer
than the month or so for that the data will be stored by the greylisting
daemon.

> Hmm .. could one alternativly use the mails the user saved as a source
> of whitelisting?
We do rather encourage the users to retrieve and delete their mails on
our servers to save disk storage and reduce the propability of data loss :)

-christian-