Dear debian-isp,

I have just compiled the kernel 2.6.6 in my box, and during boot time it says
the
following for each disk partition:

* Warning: The dma on your hard drive is turned off. *
* This may really slow down the fsck process. *

And in fact it takes 15 minutes to end the booting process...

I compiled the kernel with all the DMA options enabled an the BIOS has them
enabled too.

Maybe I'm missing an option or I have to install hdparm or...?

My motherboard is an M756 LMRT+ with a PIII (RK80526PZ001256) and the disk is
an WD200EB
if that helps.

Thanks in advance,

Agustín