Le 30/09/2017 à 17:09, Thorsten Glaser a écrit :

> IMHO consistency within Debian is *much* more important.
>
> I would be seriously fucked off if I could connect to a host
> using something like wget but not a Java™ application, after
> installing the custom CA into /etc/ssl/certs or similar, or
> even with the defaults.

Similarly I would be seriously fucked off if the application I developed
on another OS would behave differently once deployed on my Debian server
with the same version of Java ;)

Both use cases are valid I think, maybe we could have it both ways with
something like this:
1. Let the openjdk package build and install its own cacerts file.
2. ca-certificates-java still generates a keystore from the Debian
certificates but with a different name (cacerts-debian for example).
3. Patch openjdk to use cacerts-debian in priority if it exists, and
default to cacerts otherwise.
4. Downgrade ca-certificates-java to a suggested or recommended
dependency of openjdk-*-jre-headless

This way ca-certificates-java becomes optional, and installing it forces
the JRE to use the Debian certificates. This would also get rid of the
circular dependency.

Emmanuel Bourg