On Friday, 19 May 2023 13:11:01 CEST Luc Castermans wrote:
> I just upgraded the machine which was messed up earlier, fixed later, using:
>
> aptitude install -t experimental '~i ~V5\.27\.2'
> aptitude install -t experimental '~i ~V5\.103\.0'

I hadn't upgraded to those packages, but earlier today I did reboot my laptop
and when I logged in, my desktop was completely blank and no longer had the
icons and plasma widgets I had on them.

After doing `aptitude safe-upgrade '~i~V5\.27\.2' -t experimental` and another
reboot (maybe a logout/login would be sufficient; we'll never know), I had my
normal desktop back.

I haven't yet tried upgrade Frameworks, but the Plasma package update
definitely fixed an issue on my laptop.

Cheers,
  Diederik