Hi,

On Mon, Dec 11, 2023 at 01:27:07PM +0100, Kevin Price wrote:
> Thank you Salvatore!
>
> Am 11.12.23 um 12:37 schrieb Salvatore Bonaccorso:
> > It still would be helpfull if you can get to the logs of the previous
> > boot. After booting back in the working kernel, do you have anything
> > sensible logged in the previous boot log? If so can you share that
> > please?
>
> Sure. Here's my boot.log.

I was more interested to get some nformation from the kernel. If you
get dmesg output that would be good, maybe the journalctl from the bug
otherwise, which will help to get more context.

> The first one at "Mon Dec 11 00:54:03 CET 2023" is the faulty 6.1.0-15.
>
> The 2nd one at "Mon Dec 11 01:13:38 CET 2023" is the working 6.1.0-13.
>
> Need any more logfiles or testing? I intend to test
> debian-live-12.4.0-amd64-gnome.iso on my computer, IOT rule out any
> local config peculiarities, FWIW.
>
> > I'm right now curious to find out if we see the same as
> > #1057969 and if the upstream commit db46c77f3d51 ("Revert "wifi:
> > cfg80211: fix CQM for non-range use"") in 6.1.67 upstream fixes the
> > issue.
>
> Please let me know what kernel version you want me to test, if they're
> provides as debian binaries. I'd be glad to help, probably not only for
> my own sake. Bear with me I'm unwilling to build kernel packages myself,
> due to lack of computing resources. HTH

I have put binary packages for amd64 built in
https://people.debian.org/~carnil/tmp/linux/1057967/

*but* they are completely unofficial builds. To give assurance of
provenance I have generated a sha256sum file as well for the uploaded
files and signed it with my key in the Debian keyring.

If you personal policy allows you to install such packages please test
with those, otherwise we need you to have built your own packages.

Regards,
Salvatore