Package: linux-image-6.1.0-11-amd64
Version: 6.1.38-4
Control: affects -1 src:linux linux gnome

After a stationary PC suspended itself due to inactivity and then woke up from suspend (on mouse or key press – I can't recollect), the keyboard was not responsive. It had power: the LED 🄵 was lit. Pressing the keys (I tried several keys, including 🄵Umsch and NumLock) had no visible effect whatsoever. After physically unplugging and plugging in the keyboard cable again to the same place, the keyboard starting working.

The keyboard has “Microsoft® Natural® Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 v1.0” and “Model: 1048” written on its bottom, has a German layout, and is connected to the PC via a cable ending with a USB-A plug.

As opposed to the keyboard, the mouse, which was plugged into the neighbor USB-A port, was working normally.

The error happens only seldom (every couple of weeks or even months) after suspend due to inactivity followed by getting awake; much more often, the keyboard works normally. A simple test consisting of putting the PC to sleep manually followed by awakening it did not cause the error to reoccur.

Gratefully,
Alma