Package: firmware-iwlwifi
Version: 20230210-5
Severity: important

Dear Maintainer,

   I am a bit new to debian and I am not that much of a technical person. So
pardon me if I am reporting this to wrong place.

   * What led up to the situation?
     My wifi on motherboard is "Intel Corporation Alder Lake-S PCH CNVi WiFi
[8086:7af0]" according to lspci.
     Wifi was working on new debian bookworm 12 stable install but after some
updates to the system, my wifi stopped showing up.

     dmesg is showing "iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Detected Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211
160MHz, REV=0x430
     thermal thermal_zone1: failed to read out thermal zone (-61)"

   * What exactly did you do (or not do) that was effective (or
     ineffective)?
     I tried the debian kde live iso to check if this is a hardware
     issue and wifi is detected and working in the live environment.
     I tried to load newer firmware files from linux git snapshot but
     that did not work.
     I also tried older kerner to match the live iso but that too did
     not work.

   * What was the outcome of this action?
     Wifi is still not working

   * What outcome did you expect instead?
     Wifi to wrok like it worked after new install

Please let me know if you need any more details or outputs of any
commands etc.

Thank you

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 12.2
  APT prefers stable-updates
  APT policy: (500, 'stable-updates'), (500, 'stable-security'), (500, 'stable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 6.1.0-13-amd64 (SMP w/20 CPU threads; PREEMPT)
Locale: LANG=en_IN, LC_CTYPE=en_IN (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE=en_IN:en
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled

firmware-iwlwifi depends on no packages.

firmware-iwlwifi recommends no packages.

Versions of packages firmware-iwlwifi suggests:
ii  initramfs-tools  0.142

-- no debconf information