Hi,

On Thu, Dec 07, 2023 at 10:36:58AM +0100, Rémi Letot wrote:
> Salvatore Bonaccorso <car...@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Please have a look where in /etc/modprobe.d/*.conf you have
> > enable_ini=N. I suspect it is a customized own file. The value is not
> > correct and should be either 1 or 0 here.
> >
> > Can you let me know which file it is, so we can check if it's
> > still provided by some package?
>
> Hello,
>
> /etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi.conf contains one line:
>
> options iwlwifi enable_ini=N
>

> ~ $ LANG=C dpkg -S iwlwifi.conf
> dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern *iwlwifi.conf*
>
> I can't remember creating that file myself, but it's from two years ago,
> so it's possible...
>
> ~ $ ls -l /etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi.conf
> -rw-r--r--   1 root           root           29 2021-08-02  2021
> /etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi.conf

I guess so it was created manually some time ago then. No package
provides it, and I found via short search that some forumposts or
articles suggest the enable_ini=N value for people having instability
with iwlwifi.

But the module parameters are:

parm:           enable_ini:0:disable, 1-15:FW_DBG_PRESET Values, 16:enabled
without preset value defined,Debug INI TLV FW debug infrastructure (default:
16) (uint)

If you suspect it should be disabled then set it 0, otherwise
remove the file again.

I will wait a bit for further replies but then I guess the bug can be
closed.

Let me know how it goes with above changes.

Regards,
Salvatore