tags 511334 patch
thanks

On Thursday 19 March 2009, Adam Thornton wrote:
> This appears to fix the problem, in that I get much farther and then
> get stuck in the init-premount scripts because it can't vary my root
> disk online.  But *that* is probably because, on this host, I've been
> using by-path disk IDs, and I'd been changing various kernel build
> parameters to roll the DASD drivers into the kernel (that is, not use
> them as modules).  So that is very likely my fault.
>
> I suspect this issue is resolved.  Get me an "official" kernel image
> build with it (and with the requisite modules) and I'll be happy to
> test, or I can build another one tomorrow (which will, alas, take all
> day again).

Thanks for testing. There's no way I can get you an official fixed kernel
on short notice. You'll have to build your own for now.

Dann:
Can you please consider the patch I linked to in [1] for stable updates of
both .24 and .26? AFAICT the patch should apply cleanly to both as the
broken code was introduced in .19.
The patch also fixed two very hard to trace hangs in .28 and .29 where
bisection lead to unrelated changes which just happened to trigger this
bug in such a way that it caused a hang.
TIA.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/511334#65