Le 05/11/2010 19:27, Sergey Alyoshin a écrit :
> On 11/6/10, David Prévot <da...@tilapin.org> wrote:
>> Le 05/11/2010 15:09, Sergey Alyoshin a écrit :
>>> Данная информация корректна? [Д/н] Д
>>> /* Дд for Yy (yes), not work: FAIL */
>>
>> Ouch, that's annoying... Could you confirm that it actually works with
>> “y” and “Y” (it seems so after a few tests, but I would prefer a second
>> opinion).
>
> Y and y work just great.

> Н is not ASCII char, it is Cyrillic capital "en" (UTF-8 0xd09d).

Sure, my mistake, sorry (silly me, I should know, I just updated
koi8-r(7) :/)

> For this test code (my second Perl code after "hello world"):
>
> my $yesexpr = langinfo(YESEXPR());
> my $noexpr = langinfo(NOEXPR());

Great!

> ж match ^[ДдYy].*   # FAIL, any Cyrillic char will match?

Definitely a problem with Perl, I guess the issue should be addressed
there, thanks for digging.

>>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=486877
>>
>> Do you have I18N::Langinfo installed?
>
> I think it is installed as
> /usr/lib/perl/5.10.1/I18N/Langinfo.pm

Sure, which is part of the perl package anyway, silly question.

$ dpkg -S /usr/lib/perl/5.10.1/I18N/Langinfo.pm
perl: /usr/lib/perl/5.10.1/I18N/Langinfo.pm

>>> It seems to me like Perl regexp problem.
>>
>> Maybe related to UTF-8 characters. Please fill another bug for this one,
>> I'm not sure to be able fix it (but since it's a localization issue, it
>> is possible to fix it, if someone provide a patch).
>
> Should I, the problem seems with Perl?

The best IMHO, is to report it against perl, thanks to your
enlightenment, but maybe a clone and block against adduser not to forget
might be nice (I hope so).

In the meantime, I guess the related note should be updated:

# Translators: [y/N] has to be replaced by values defined in your
# locale.  You can see by running "locale yesexpr" which regular
# expression will be checked to find positive answer.

Maybe also add:

# Warning: some characters (e.g. Cyrillic characters in ru_RU.UTF-8
# locale) always match "locale yesexpr" *and* "locale noexpr".
# [y/N] should *not* be replaced if your locale is affected.

Do you think it is enough? If so, I would like to update the bug number
to the the most relevant one reported to perl or adduser, and then ask
for translation update (since those strings should be affected, I hope
it's relevant enough to add this note).

Feel free to X-Debbugs-Cc: me while reporting the relevant bug against
perl so I could update the note and ask for translations.

Cheers

David