Curt Howland wrote:
> Hi.

Hi,

> I didn't see any better place to ask, so if there is a way to report
> problems with reportbug or a better list, please let me know.

this is the correct place, don't worry.

> With both, udev renamed eth0 (the built-in network adapter) as eth1,
> which then caused the automatic network provisioning to fail, since
> it is looking for eth0.

this is a know bug *iff* the udev-persistent rule
(/etc/udev/rules.d/*-persistent-net.rules) in included in the live-image.

this gets removed by lh_chroot_hacks during the build-process to ensure
that it doesn't make it into the live-system. the 5.0_beta1 images do
not have that file either, network is perfectly working for me.

are you sure that you did use/download 5.0_beta1 images?

> I've seen this behavior with udev before, in my mother's laptop udev
> increments the wired ethernet port each time the machine boots. The
> last I saw, there was the boot message, "udev renaming eth0 to
> eth139" with no end in sight.

on your mothers system, you can just remove the
/etc/udev/rules.d/*-persistent-net-generator.rules in order to prevent a
re-creation of the *-persistent-net.rules file on each boot in case it's
missing/not matching the current macs.

Regards,
Daniel

Email:          [EMAIL PROTECTED]