Hello Attilla,

On 26/11/2023 07:54, dub...@grey-panther.net wrote:
I was directed to this list after my post on debian-users [1]. I would like to report two issues with the Debian LiveCD (specifically the debian-live-12.2.0-amd64-gnome.iso one):

[ snip question 1, answered in another thread ]

2) reporting a bug from inside the live environment using the reportbugscript with the cdimage.debian.org <http://cdimage.debian.org> meta-package, as described at https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting <https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting> doesn't seem to work. The script   said something about the email being sent from "localhost" (since this is a LiveCD, email accounts are not properly set up). I suspect that the email never went anywhere (even though there were no reported errors), because now it has been over a week and the bug still doesn't show up in the bugtracker.

I tried to reproduce you case. I'm using debian-live-12.2.0-amd64-gnome.iso and in that image there is no reportbug installed.

Where did the reportbug package come from?

I've installed reportbug (apt-get install reportbug) and tried to send a bug (see transcript.txt). There were some red flags at the beginning, which indicate that the bug might not be sent properly (silly e-mail address of the user) At the end, reportbug did not show errors from sendmail, but in /var/mail/user it can be seen that the issue is not sent.

Reportbug specifically requested a configuration and additional sendmail does not per default send mails outside its (on live CDs) unconfigured domain.

So the short answer is: no, you cannot report a bug from inside the live CD without additional configuration work.

With kind regards,
Roland Clobus

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2023/11/msg00733.html <https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2023/11/msg00733.html>