Roland Clobus <rclo...@rclobus.nl> writes:

> Control: severity -1 normal
> Control: tags -1 +pending
> Control: tags 1065640 +pending
> Control: merge -1 1065640
>
> Hello Vasudev Kamath,
>
>> Built the live image for bookworm using live build (on bookworm as well as
>> from unstable).
>
> Note that the version which is on bookworm will not be updated.

Yes that is understood.

>   The built
>> image incldes raspi-firmware which is not meant for x86_64. I was installing
>> some dkms module which
>> will regenerate initrd etc and that failed with below error
>> The only way to fix this situation was to remove raspi-firmware in the live
>> image. For now I'm working
>> around the situation using following hook file which I use during live image
>> build
>> Can we avoid installing it on x86 architecture by default. If some one needs
>> it they can pull
>> it.
>
> The issue has already been fixed, it is just not yet released.
> You can use the version from the git repository as details here:
> https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleInstalls/LiveImages

Thanks will consider using repo directly instead of packages when we do
our builds.

>> It was claimed to be fixed by 12.2 in this [1] but it probably only fixed
>> official live images
>> but not the live build? There is also another ticket [2] but does not give
>> proper details so created
>> a new one
>
> Instead of creating a new bug, you could have sent a mail to the old one
> with your additional information. I've merged both bug reports.

Yes I could have used reportbug to followup but it flashed to me after
sending the mail.

> The official Debian live images got fixed for 12.2, because the official
> images use the git repository for live-build instead of the .deb-package.

I see. Sorry for confusion as I was not aware how the debian live images
are built and also there was no information on it being fixed in git in
original report which was filed against debian-live virtual package.

>> Let me know if any other information is needed from my side.
>
> Please wait a while, a few other changes are pending and then a new
> release can be made.

Sure no worries. I will start using repo instead of pre-built version in
our setup.

> With kind regards,
> Roland Clobus

Thanks,