On Thu, 19 Aug, 2021, 8:12 pm Steffen Möller, <steffen_moel...@gmx.de>
wrote:

> On 19.08.21 15:37, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> >
> > On 8/19/21 5:52 PM, Steffen Möller wrote:
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> This is another small dependency nagging me:
> >> https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/pytest-ordering
> >>
> >> pytest-3 does not find the local module when runnig cowbuilder, but it
> >> is just fine with gbp or dpkg-buildpackage. Does this ring any bell for
> you?
> > FWIW,
> >
> > [1]: https://github.com/ftobia/pytest-ordering/issues/66
> > [2]: https://github.com/ftobia/pytest-ordering/issues/32
> > [3]: https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest-order
>
> Thank you for finding this. I checked out
> https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest-order and .. after some toying
> around ... came to the conclusion that this needs to be a separate
> package since it is not compatible.
>
> On a sidenote - I think about three Python packages were accepted into
> main this day, all created or sponsored by you. Many thanks! This is
> also what triggered me in my attempt to address pytest-ordering :)
>
> So, for the moment I think we should go for two packages -
> pytest-ordering and pytest-order. But correct me if I am wrong.

tl;dr: Ask upstream and do not package both

Both serve the same purpose, it doesn't make sense to package both.
You should rather ask upstream to start using a dependency that is
maintained instead.

Pushing things to the archive that are unmaintained increases workload.
pytest-ordering is broken ATM, tests fail and those failures are legit.
There are some PRs that should be merged, but that contains a lot of extra
work for us as downstream if we patch a lot of code. We have limited
time/energy ofcourse, right?

Nilesh