Hi Justin,

Am Sat, May 27, 2023 at 04:42:32AM +0100 schrieb Justin B Rye:
> Andreas Tille wroteL
> > Please add the following patch from the Debian Med team to the release
> > notes:
>
> Some English-usage suggestions:

Thanks a lot for looking onto the text in "pedantic mode". ;-)  I'm not
a native speaker and its perfectly welcome if someone with better language
is polishing my scribbling.  So I simply ACK all those enhancements.

> > <title>News from Debian Med Blend</title>
> >
> >     <para>
> >     As in every release new packages in the field of life sciences and
> > medicine
> >     were added.
>
> "Have been" added, and I think it works better as

ACK.

>       As in every release new packages have been added in the fields of
> medicine
>       and life sciences.
>
> >                  The new package shiny-server might be worth extra
> > mentioning
>
>              The new package <systemitem
> role="package">shiny-server</systemitem>
>        might be worth a particular mention,
>
> (Or "might be particularly worth mentioning", among other options.)

ACK

> >     since it simplifies scientific web applications using R.
>
> (Is it worth reorganising that into something like "since it makes it
> simpler for scientific web applications to use R" or am I only
> noticing it because I'm reading in pedant mode?)
>
> >                                                               We kept on to
> > get
> >     Continuous Integration support for the packages maintained by the
> > Debian Med
> >     team.
>
> It's not clear whether this means that you maintained the effort and
> as a result got CI support or whether CI support is something you
> already had that you kept going.  Maybe:
>                                                                We also kept
> up the
>       effort to provide Continuous Integration support for the packages
> maintained
>       by the Debian Med team.

This is definitely the better wording which describes what I intended to write.

> >     </para><para>
> >     The Debian Med team is continuously interested in feedback from users
> >     specifically in the form of requesting the packaging of not yet packaged
> >     free software or backports from new packages or higher versions in
> > unstable.
> >     </para><para>
>
> This needs at least one extra comma; maybe even:

ACK.

>       The Debian Med team is always interested in feedback from users,
>       especially in the form of requests for packaging of not-yet-packaged
>       free software, or for backports from new packages or higher versions
>       in unstable.
>
> (Are you *allowed* to put things in stable-backports if there's no
> version in stable?)

Yes, stable-backports is required to have this package in testing.  This
might be higher versions than in stable or packages which are not
available in stable.

> >     To install packages maintained by the Debian Med team, install the
> >     metapackages named med-*, which are at version 3.8.x for Debian
> > bookworm.
> >     Feel free to visit the
> >     <ulink url="https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks";>Debian Med tasks
> > pages</ulink>
> >     to see the full range of biological and medical software available in
> > Debian.
> >     </para>
>
> This all looks good; I suppose med-* gets a
> <replaceable>*</replaceable> but no <systemitem role="package"> tags.

I admit I'm not very deep in these tags - thus feel free to pick the proper
one.

Thanks a lot for your comments and for your work on the release notes

    Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de