Shriram,

1.  For anything that has the unminified source in the upstream tarball, I
would just create a
lintian override with a comment listing the full path to the source for each
file.  You can see
an example of how this can be done here:

https://salsa.debian.org/qt-kde-team/qt/qtwebengine/-/blob/master/debian/source/lintian-overrides?ref_type=heads[1]

Typically you only copy the source to the debian/missing-sources directory when
it is not
included in the upstream tarball and you have had to acquire it from another
place.

2.  The github link below includes an embedded font in woff format.  Typically,
fonts like
this would be considered compiled, so a separate font source would be needed.
However,
I’m not sure what the Debian guidance for dealing with an HTML embedded font
like this.
If someone else on mentors doesn’t know, I would recommend you ask on
debian-legal.

As these are mostly README files, and if it becomes difficult for you to
acquire the source
for some of them, you might consider excluding those you can’t get the source
for, at least
temporarily, using Files-Excluded in debian/copyright (and then running uscan,
which will
produce a modified tarball that does not include the problematic files).  For
example, see:

https://salsa.debian.org/cryptocoin-team/electrum/-/blob/master/debian/copyright?
ref_type=heads[2]

Whether this is a good option depends on how helpful those README files are for
the users
of your package.  If you go this route, you should add +dfsg to the version of
your package
to indicate that the upstream tarball has been repackaged to remove files that
are not free
(or for which the source is not available).

Soren

--
Soren Stoutner
so...@debian.org