Hi Zack,

On 2/28/24 07:28, earache_curtsy...@simplelogin.com wrote:
Hello Debian Mentors,

I am a sysadmin who manages dozens of Debian servers. I also use Debian for my
personal computing. I am very thankful to the Debian project and would love to
give back to it somehow.

I was thinking that maintaining one or more packages would be a great way to do
this. I know a bit of Java and C but do not write code on a regular basis
(other than bash scripts).

I am asking for a sanity check on whether or not this is a good idea, or if the
work of maintaining a package is only plausible for highly skilled software
engineers.

From,
Zach

I'm an engineer and a Debian user, and I also maintain several servers running Debian. Additionally, I'm interested in becoming a maintainer. Would you be interested in forming a sort of team? I can assist with coding, especially in addressing upstream bugs.

Of course, I'm not entirely sure if this is feasible. Mentors could provide us with clarification on this matter. However, if you're interested, please let me know.

            Charalampos