On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 09:50:51 +0100 (CET)
PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel
<frederic-emmanuel.pi...@synchrotron-soleil.fr> wrote:

> Hello, I am affected by this error in the autopkgtest of silx[1]
>
> 487s autopkgtest [22:01:24]: test gui: [-----------------------
> 489s MESA: error: ZINK: vkCreateInstance failed
> (VK_ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER) 489s glx: failed to create drisw
> screen 489s failed to load driver: zink
> 493s autopkgtest [22:01:30]: test gui: -----------------------]
>
> Someone know how to avoid this issue
>
> the test command is here[2].
>
> thanks for your help
>
> [1]
> https://ci.debian.net/packages/s/silx/testing/amd64/43836118/#S12
> [2]
> https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/silx/-/blob/master/debian/tests/gui?ref_type=heads

This affected a pkg of mine as well, and seems to be caused by a
regression in mesa [1]. Long story short, they print messages to
stderr when certain graphics hardware cannot be initialised, even
when that is completely expected (because said hardware simply isn't
present).

For the autopkgtest, you can either wait it out or (temporarily!)
tolerate output on stderr.

[1]https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/10293