Adriano Nagelschmidt Rodrigues wrote:
> Zed Pobre writes:
> >
> > On Mon, 7 Sep 1998, Adriano Nagelschmidt Rodrigues wrote:
> >
> > >I'm using debhelper and building it with 'build -rfakeroot'. I wonder
> > >what's
> > >the proper way to deal with it. I didn't like the kludges I tried ;-)
> >
> >     Try "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot".  That's the whole
> > kit-n-kaboodle.
>
> Didn't work. Let's see:
>
> $ tar xvzf foo.tgz
> $ mv foo bar
> $ cd bar
> $ dh_make
> # edit debian/* files, in control I have: Source: foo, Package: bar
> $ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
> dpkg-source: error: source package has two conflicting values - foo and bar
>
> $ fakeroot debian/rules binary
> dpkg-gencontrol: error: source package has two conflicting values - foo and
> bar

Why do you call the directory bar if the source package is foo?

Ideally, these three should match:

   - The name of the directory
   - The name of the source package in the control file
   - The name of the source package in the debian changelog

In your case, dpkg-gencontrol is complaining about a mismatch between
the last two.  I think dpkg-source gives a warning if the directory
name does not match.

Richard Braakman