On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 03:51:26PM -0700, John Stamp wrote:

> In my previous upload of lastfm I removed gconf/defaults/10_lastfm and
> used a gconf/schemas/lastfm.schemas file instead.  This closed the
> following bug:
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=369907

> Unfortunately, that conflicts with last-exit which also installs a
> lastfm.schemas file:
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=422720

> I don't want to reopen #369907 if I can help it, and I certainly don't
> want to add a Conflicts: last-exit to the package.  Are there any
> suggestions about how to handle this?

- give each package a unique schemas filename so that no conflict is needed
- have one of the packages depend on the other (doesn't sound like a correct
  solution here)
- have both packages depend on a common file providing the schema file (a
  bit heavy of a solution for a single schema file..)
- use alternatives or a diversion to decide which package's schema file will
  be available under the named location (only appropriate if the two
  packages have identical schema file contents)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                   http://www.debian.org/