Russ Allbery wrote:
> * There seems to be something odd about the time info file.  If I run info
>   time, and then press space, rather than proceeding to the next child
>   node the way that info normally does, info just reports "no more nodes
>   in this file."  The same is true at a few points in the child node tree.
>   Is the *.texinfo file possibly missing metadata or proper section links?

TL;DR: I figured it out and have fixed it.

Details: I have looked into the texinfo problem and have figured out
the problem.  At one level the problem is the way 'makeinfo' and
'info' deal with the document structure.  Using Emacs to navigate
through the info page works fine for example.

Also the structure of the time.texi file corresponds to a previous
generation texinfo template.  See for example an older GNU hello-2.1.x
version and the two styles line up very closely.  That version of GNU
hello behaves exactly the same with the same problem.  So it appears
that time.texi was following the best practices known at the time it
was written.  However the current GNU hello version has significant
changes and behaves differently.  It now behaves as you desire.  So
this was probably a systematic problem that was fixed.

To fix this I very slightly restructured the nodes so as to work with
'makeinfo' and 'info' programs by adding an additional index section.
So a good all around since having an index section, even if sparse, is
a good thing.  I also reworked the previously unused index entries.

I will be posting a new candidate package with this latest change as
soon as I finish tidying up these latest changes.

Bob