>Well, it is, under the "controls" section. But I guess that's not really

>well-placed, since you didn't find it straight away : )

nope, the manpage is correct, I tried a --help, and I didn't find it
(sorry for the confusion)

>If you have a suggestion on where to place and/or how to re-word the
>manpage, that would be much appreciated. Since I'm more a developer than
>a user (and I know the software inside out anyway) its difficult for me
>to think from a user perspective.

that is something always difficult... Maybe the --help can be more similar to
the

good manpage? :)

>I *would* fix that *if* I had any graphical skills. But I have created
>an issue in my souce repository, maybe I can find someone™ to imagine
>something nice.

I know this problem :)

>How did you make lintian tell you that? I ran --display-experimental
>--fail-on-warnings --info --display-info --pedantic on both
>source.changes and amd64.changes (from sbuild) and all I got was the
>no-upstream-changelog.

lintian -EvIL +pedantic --profile debian/main
../dspdfviewer_1.13-1_amd64.changes

>Ticket is created, but I can't promise much on the creativity front.

not a problem, maybe a "blank" icon is better than the default one...
anyway, you are the Upstream and the Maintainer, who am I to complain? :D

>I did add that in the very start (and seems to have forgotten about it).
>The reason was that on -CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug it only added -g (without
>-ggdb) and thus working with gdb wasnt super useful.

>I have removed it, since I can always inject CXXFLAGS=-ggdb on my devel
>machine.

they are always suggestions, so feel free to leave it if you think users might
benefit
(what about creating a -dbg package? since it is a new package you might
benefit from one
trip only in the NEW queue)

>* 1.13: User built from release tarball (unchanged)
>* v1.13 or v1.13-xx-gDEADBEEF: user built from a git clone
>* 1.13-rc0: User built from git (ie. non-release), but deleted .git dir
>* 1.13-1: Official debian package
>* 1.13-1~bpo80+: Official debian backport

>* 1.13+0~20150804124310.32+sid~1.gbpf1ed24: jenkins-debian-glue

this is fine

>OT: With you pointing me to the -rc0 I left in there, I realized that I
>actually *added* that (it did say 1.13) before I released 1.13 tarball,
>thereby failing to distinguish between 1.13 exact and post-1.13.
>
>Guess I shot my own foot there, but the idea should™ hold up for 1.14.

lol fine ;)

>For the above reasoning, I would really like to pass the "Debian
>version" to the build system.

ok, but instead of relying to the ENV variable, you can still use
override_dh_auto_configure:
    dh_auto_configure -- -DVAR

this way you can go in the if @line 75.

This is equivalent actually for Debian (it will allow you to remove 6 lines
from the CMakeFile),
but it might be a problem for other Linux based Distro around the globe.

Having one single way to feed the version might be a benefit for everybody

>If there is a standard debian way of doing this, I can of course always
>change the method, it's really all about easily™ creating meaningful
>bug reports. (If its a problem I can of course remove the stance from
>the debian/rules entirely)

actually this isn't a problem, just avoding N different methods of having the
revision might be a benefit
for you too

>As long as a debian user uses reportbug, I guess that doesn't matter. It
>is more an issue if I get an email directly, or people post to the
>github issue tracker.

>So ultimately, I leave the decision to you whether I strip the inclusion
>logic.

nack there, it is up to you, not to me :)

BTW the new rules file is what I intended previously, and makes lines 91:96
useless now :)

(not asking you to remove, just pointing that to you).

Last thing:

d/rules, lines 2 to 8, I guess you can remove them

>Updated version at

>http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dspdfviewer/dspdfviewer_1.13-1.dsc

Looks good to me

let me know about the last two things (specially for the dbg package, that is
something important)
and I'll do the upload

cheers,

G.