Mehdi Dogguy a écrit :
Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

Still, this kind of errors are usually worrisome. In general, they mean
that doing a "build"/"clean" cycle does not bring the source tree back
in the same state as it was before starting the build. That might cause
errors such as the infamous "FTBFS when built twice in a row".

It won't, in that specific case. The goal was to remove those files before
staring the build. So, an FTBFS related to those files is unlikely to happen.

Note that this is not necessary anymore since Guillaume patched upstream's
Makefile to not use those files. Thus, keeping them in the tree doesn't harm
and seems to be the easiest solution.

As far as I see it, git-buildpackage does not go through to the "build" target, and fails before. It seems to me that the "clean" target is called first, rdevices.ml and r_devices.c are erased, and then git complains that things do not look good. It doesn't seem to be a "cannot build twice in a row"-type issue... since there's no building going on...

I do not understand precisely the logic of these steps. Does it mean that putting upstream files in debian/clean is simply not something to do since it alters the git repository at a time where upstream should remain untouched?

So how should I erase these undesired upstream files?

All the best,

--
     Guillaume Yziquel
http://yziquel.homelinux.org/