> Search the list archives for altgr for the last couple of months, a
> solution was found I believe.
>
> If someone would like to contribute a little writeup about this, I could
> add it to the install manual's post-install section.

I saw this old problem on the powerpc list. I've been messing with my grey &
white iBook keyboard mapping (in order to fix the console cmd/alt confusion).
I discovered that AltGr is mapped by default to 'fn'+'alt/option'. It's wierd
because both Alt keys generate Alt normally, but both generate AltGr when the
'fn' is pressed, too.

Unfortunately, there's no left Apple "logo" key, and fn+logo doesn't generate
the normal keycode. In X, it generates 222 instead of 116. Putting keycode
222 = Multi_Key in the .xmodmap sets that right, but I would like to get it
into the mac usb keyboard definition.

Anyway, thought you might still be interested (after a year!)

Frank