On 24-02-23 17:35, goberghen wrote:
I'm not sure you'll be able to install debian with that cd image.
I tried about a week ago on my iMac G5 iSight (ati x600 graphics) model,
had to use 2023-05-16 image with kernel options
"radeon.agpmode=1 radeon.modeset=1 video=offb:off nomodeset"
in grub.

Ok so you had the same issue when booting a recent iso, right?
smp_core99_probe
DO-QUIESCE finisedBooting Linux via __start() @ 0x0000000002090000 ...

Thanks for the warnings about the next steps. One of my iMacs has an ATI Radeon 9600. I was hopping it would work better than the other one with the nVidia GeForce FX 5200 Ultra.

Looking at this:
https://wiki.debian.org/PowerPC/FAQ#How_do_I_get_graphics_working.3F
you might have hope to get away without nomodeset and thus still having 2D acceleration (I'm not sure if your kernel params leave you with any kind of acceleration)

Cheers,

--
tuxayo