On Wed, 15 Mar 2023 at 04:44, Richard Stallman <r...@gnu.org> wrote:

>   >  I do not know personally "Bradley M. Kuhn" <bk...@sfconservancy.org>
>   > but I appreciate very much his answer in which he set several points
>
>   > https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2023/03/msg00004.html
>
> I will take a look.  Thanks.

March 16, 2023 - Copyright Office Launches New Artificial Intelligence
Initiative by Copyright and Artificial Intelligence

- https://www.copyright.gov/ai/

U.S. Copyright Office Weighs in on the AI Debate

The U.S. Copyright Office has weighed in on the debate and have
ultimately assessed that only human-made works are eligible for
protection. In a report published last week, the Office cites a 2018
submission in which the applicant described their work as
“autonomously created by a computer algorithm running on a machine.”
After a series of appeals, the artwork was ultimately denied a
copyright because it was made “without any creative contribution from
a human actor.”

The Office explained further:

“For example, if a user instructs a text-generating technology to
“write a poem about copyright law in the style of William
Shakespeare,” she can expect the system to generate text that is
recognizable as a poem, mentions copyright, and resembles
Shakespeare’s style. But the technology will decide the rhyming
pattern, the words in each line, and the structure of the text. When
an AI technology determines the expressive elements of its output, the
generated material is not the product of human authorship.”

- https://hypebeast.com/2023/3/u-s-copyright-office-ai-report

Best regards, R-