Daniel Lange <dla...@debian.org> writes:
> From Paul Wise:

>> I note that fair use isn't a worldwide concept and other parts of the
>> world have the more varied and restricted concept of "fair dealing".
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use#Influence_internationally
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_dealing
>> So, as much as possible, we should try not to rely on fair use.

> The Wikimedia Foundation fellow and legal counsel Valentina Vera-Quiroz
> (CC) has documented her current expertise around ChatGPT and Copyright at

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikilegal/Copyright_Analysis_of_ChatGPT

Oh, thank you very much for this link, and thank you to Valentina for
writing this!

The section "Can you use copyright-protected works to train AI models?"
says exactly what I was attempting to say in my previous contributions to
this thread, except more clearly, accurately, and succinctly.  Anyone who
was reading my previous messages should just go read that instead.

--
Russ Allbery (r...@debian.org)              <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>