Hi Allan,

The status of the package is described on
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/mysql-workbench

and you see it is waiting for another package to transition to testing, so it
can migrate itself.

The bug it depends on is
and it is already fixed for several months, just apparently the maintainers did
not get around to reupload a fixed version.

No idea how to speed this up. Man power is a thing. If you are using Debian on
your very own hardware then I suggest to just use unstable, really. This is
where you can run the very latest versions (why typically are just as good as
what uptream provides), find problems and confirm fixes to work. And why not
maintain a package of your interest yourself?

Steffen