On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 7:05 PM Tomasz Rybak wrote:

> Should I upload 3.0.alpha9 to unstable (maybe blocking transition
> to testing), and later try to fix most of its problems, uploading
> psycopg3 to unstable shortly after?
> Or should I first upload 3.0.alpha9 to experimetnal, trying to fix
> most of issues there, and upload to sid only when it reaches 3.0.final?
> This is important package, so I'd like to get some opinions before
> proceeding. And also - what should we do with cython (not cython3),
> in our quest to migrate from Python2?

Since Cython has many reverse dependencies and this sounds like a
major upgrade of Cython, this sounds like a transition I would
definitely stage the transition in experimental and do a test rebuild
of all reverse dependencies using the ratt too. Doing this in
experimental also allows you to see autopkgtest results for packages
in testing but using the Cython from experimental.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam/Transitions
https://release.debian.org/transitions/
https://release.debian.org/britney/pseudo-excuses-experimental.html

> On similar topic - should I upload newest version of psycopg2
> (removing *dbg package at the same time)? Debian has 2.8.6 while
> latest upstream is 2.9.1. It's less invasive change than in case
> of cython, but I'd still like to get some opinions, or at least
> acknowledgement.

The same as above probably applies for psycopg2.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise