Hi,

we have quite some Python3.12 related bugs caused by sqlalchemy which
seem to be fixed in experimental (which is lagging behind upstream
2.0.27 as well as version 1.4 in unstable where upstream just released
1.4.51).

It seems the issue that leads to bug #1058265

  >   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/sqlalchemy/sql/sqltypes.py", line
2061, in Interval
  >     epoch = dt.datetime.utcfromtimestamp(0)

is not fixed in 1.4.51 so sticking to 1.4 maintenance releases will not
simply solve our Python3.12 issues if we do not fix these ourselves with
patches.  So the question remains for Thomas wo wrote in bug #1058895:

 > It'd be nice if we could have the patch in Unstable with this series 1.4.x
 > before uploading 2.x, so that I have a chance to fix all Python 3.12 bugs and
 > not mix SQLA 2.x and Py 3.12 problems.

Do yuo really want to fix 1.4.x (maybe x=51) first or do we want to
switch to 2.0.27 and fix remaining problems with this latest version?  I
have no resources to run all the tests but I stumbled upon this question
when trying to do some general Python3.12 bug hunting.

Kind regards
    Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de