Good day,

As I met "pollo" this morning on OFTC after inquiring about helping out
with the adoption of virtualenvwrapper or researching more into the state
of packaging pyenv in Debian, he suggested a good starting point would be
to read  https://deb.li/PyPolicy which I had not until now and then join
the team to help out on any team-maintained packages.

I understand the gist of it but I'm starting to think that "pollo" might
actually be a chicken, because he's excellent at laying out eggs-amples of
policy, but when it comes to packaging, he believes in free-range.

On with the serious phase of this request:

*Why you want to join the team:*

   - Help maintain specific packages though my interest might be broader
   than that and I'm willing to help out on team-maintained packages to become
   familiar with the workflows
   - Salsa login: ncouture
   - I have read and accept

https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/policy.rst