Hello!

python3-poetry-dynamic-versioning recently landed in the archive and I wanted to make it known!

This package does something similar to python3-setuptools-scm and can be used in Debian in a similar way.

You can use it manually with the following snippet, but pybuild's next release will automate this [1].

-----------------
export POETRY_DYNAMIC_VERSIONING_BYPASS = $(DEB_VERSION_UPSTREAM)

include /usr/share/dpkg/pkg-info.mk

With the rise of poetry as a packaging tool, I think it'll become more and more common. There is already a bunch of packages in the archive that could use it :)

https://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=poetry-dynamic-versioning+path%3Apyproject.toml&literal=0

Cheers!

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/dh-python/-/merge_requests/54

--