Le jeu. 29 févr. 2024 à 12:06, Andreas Tille <andr...@an3as.eu> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> as per bug #1064979 python-cryptography was orphaned.  Actually the
> process of orphaninig is defined differently[1] by setting QA team as
> maintainer.  In this case DPT remains maintainer but there is no
> Uploader specified any more.  I personally will not add my ID as
> Uploader.  I have added those team members who did uploads in the last
> year in CC.

Good idea since I'm all right with helping to maintain it.
I did the 41 upgrade so I'm already familiar with it.

I'll AMAU unless someone is more motivated.
Source package python-cryptography-vectors needs the same treatment.

I tried to do some bug squashing anyway.  Since the latest version was
> requested in bug #1063771 and this new version also closes #1064778
> (CVE-2024-26130) (the other CVE-bug should have been closed in previous
> upload) I decided to inject latest upstream, adapted the patches and
> pushed to Git.  Unfortunately the package does not build as you can
> verify in Salsa CI[1].

I admit I have no clue how to fix this but I hope someone can take over
> from here.  I guess uploading to experimental first and see how it
> plays nicely with its lots of rdepends makes sense here.

Version 42 needs some rust deps to be updated as well, last time I checked,
and I was in wait-and-see mode about those.

Jérémy