Hi,

>FYI: This message got delivered at the public mailing list
>debian-python@lists.debian.org.  To me it looks like someone if trying to find
>a loophole in launchpad and plans to abuse the system.

Thanks for reaching out to them.

While at it, I'd also question why Canonical is scraping public repositories
and creating user accounts for the scraped addresses.

Yes, I know why they do it, but for me, it is another example of bad
collaboration practice, on top of everything else to be said about Ubuntu (or
more precisely, its owners).

It's also small things that impose burdens on others, and if they think they
need to fork Debian, copy packages from it (to put behind a paywall
afterwards), then they certainly could do that without spoofing Debian people
and team addresses.

Disclaimer: I am assuming good faith in this specific case, but not in
Canonical and Ubuntu in general.

-nik