Hi,

> On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 at 08:10:55 +0000, c.bu...@posteo.jp wrote:
> > To my knowledge in context of DPT and Salsa the branch name "debian/master"
> > is used. When creating a new package are there any technical reasons not
> > renaming that to "debian/main"?
>
> […]
>
> If there is going to be any change to this branch
> name, then I think it should be to debian/latest as per
> <https://dep-team.pages.debian.net/deps/dep14/> (which is the name used
> in various other teams like GNOME), not debian/main.

I am guilty of having used `debian/latest` in multiple of my packages
inside the DPT by following DEP-14, because I prefered it to the DPT
branch name and I use DEP-14 in all my other packages.

> When the GNOME team switched from debian/master to debian/latest, it
> was a coordinated change applied to every package maintained by the team.

Do we know if this was automated by a tool/script, or if this was a
manual effort by multiple people? I would be happy to help update our
current DPT policy to use DEP-14 and perform the migration.

Best regards,

Agathe.