On 3/27/24 14:31, Jeroen Ploemen wrote:
On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 00:33:15 +0100
Thomas Goirand <z...@debian.org> wrote:

On 3/19/24 13:41, Jeroen Ploemen wrote:
Dear team admins,

please delete the following packages from the DPT namespace on
salsa:

cheetah
jaraco.classes
jaraco.collections
jaraco.context
jaraco.text
nfoview
ply
puremagic
python-autocommand
python-jaraco.functools
python-portend
python-rarfile
python-tempora
python-yenc
sabctools
sabnzbdplus

All of these have already been mirrored into my personal
namespace to keep a public VCS available, while gaining at least
some protection against ongoing policy violations.
Hi,

Usually, you'd ask for one of the Salsa admins to actually *move*
the packages from one namespace to another, so that there's
redirections, rather than copying somewhere else and deleting. This
can be done by a simple ticket at:

https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/support

Or is it too late, and you already cloned, and don't want to bother?

Thomas, thanks for getting back to me on this.

I would have preferred to have redirects in place, but simply
overlooked the possibility of the salsa overlords doing the moves
after figuring out gitlab wouldn't let me move things out and the
team admins in turn wouldn't be able to move anything into my
namespace.

I'll try to keep that in mind for next time; for now, please proceed
with the deletion from the team namespace as I outright lack the time
for another round of reorganising git repos for weeks to come.

Sure, no worries. Unless they authorize me to do it, I'll let the DPT admins do it then (as I don't want to step on their feet with my "overlord" power as you said... :P).

Thanks for clarifying the situation with your packages (which is what the change of policy is about...), and sorry for the added administrative work that was pushed on you because of it.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)