Hi,

I'd like to add paramiko to the list of semi-orphaned
packages that needs more maintainers.

high popcon, major upgrade, lots of rdeps: this would be a small
transition by itself, like pytest 8 ...

Le jeu. 28 mars 2024 à 10:24, Andreas Tille <andr...@an3as.eu> a écrit :

> ? #1065199 RM: pprintpp -- ROM; leaf package
>     Do we need this package?
It looks dead upstream & was a trivial utility, let's drop it.

> ? #1065246 O: contourpy -- Python library for calculating contours of 2D
> quadrilateral grids
>     rdepends: python3-matplotlib
>               Taken by alexandre.deti...@gmail.com, deba...@debian.org

https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/contourpy/-/jobs/5508432
E   ImportError: Python version mismatch: module was compiled for Python 3.11,
but the interpreter version is incompatible: 3.12.2
????

dh-python or newer dh-sequence-python3 is missing from d/control (?)
could it be the cause of the FTBFS ?

I'l try again soon.

>   #1065325 O: matplotlib -- Python based plotting system
>    --> alexandre.deti...@gmail.com
>      + deba...@debian.org

Not finished, was still debhelper 7 or 8 based from memory,
had to kill xvfb-run several times to let the build complete successfully (?!)
the resulting .deb does work.

> General remark: I'd prefer if we would at least have
[*] two maintainers per maintainer.
>  If you find my name in any Uploaders field and you are
> interested in this package (no matter whether it is in this list or not)
> please simply add your name and move on with doing on that package what
> you feel necessary to do.  If something might break we can fix it later.

Please do the same. I'm bit of scatterbrain and can at some times
only allocate small time slots to do small things so anything
that hasn't been touched on the very same day is up for grab.
... but I do have some tooling to track my unfinished stuff.

I'm moving python-socketio-client to DPT

I can move "dosage" too if someone is interested

(my only remaining non-team maintained package is "cruft-ng";
but that's not python ... anybody is welcome there too)

Greetings