On Friday 25 January 2008 08:41:07 am James Westby wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The bfr package is QA maintained, but has no bugs and 77 installs, 20
> votes.
>
> However the main reason for removing it would seem to be that the
> functionality is provided by our trusty friend |
>
> Anyone object to me filling a removal request?
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

Bfr is meant to be a companion to |, not a replacement. You need to use |s
with bfr to accomplish anything useful :). I find bfr extremely useful when
writing console programs (esp. those that use buffers), because it removes
the variable of data coming in too quickly (and thus I know that whatever
happens is entirely the fault of my program, and not because of some
environmental factor). I'm sure there are plenty of other uses for bfr as
well.

It's got no bugs, and 77 installs seems just a bit high to remove it, IMHO.

--
Sincerely,
Jack Mudge

My GPG Public Key can be found at:
https://www.theanythingbox.com/pgp.htm
Signatures are appreciated, email them to me.