Hello,

context: debian/shlibs.local can be used to work around broken shlibs
files (Policy §8.6.5). Bugs are supposed to be filed, then fixed, and
shlibs.local files should then disappear.

I'm wondering whether it might be a good idea to track those in source
packages, so as to make sure bugs got filed, and that those files go
away. Having a fixed shlibs file would be profitable to all packages
linking against this library, rather than having a single package
getting its dependencies properly, through its shlibs.local file.

Do you think it'd be worse the effort? (Didn't check the amount of such
files yet, still performing my first AM steps.)

Mraw,
KiBi.