On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 11:31:55AM +0200, Olivier Berger wrote:

> Hi.
>
> It would be great if bug lists or bug pages could include RDFa content.
>
> Such content could be basic bug description.

For an example of what kind of RDF metadata could be obtained for Debian bugs,
here's a server we have setup, which provides some RDF descriptions of bugs out
of what is contained in the UDD database :
http://testforge.int-evry.fr/d2r-server/

This is work in progress and not meant for end-users. For reference on how we
installed D2R to deploy this :
https://picoforge.int-evry.fr/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Helios_wp3/Web/UltimateDebianDatabaseToRDF

One will find metadata about bugs, but also some metadata about Debian packages
(minimal), or Debbugs users (bug submitters), and Debian developers (out of
carnivore), as SIOC and FOAF bits.

Given one bug number, one may get an XML/RDF version using :
curl -H 'Accept: application/rdf+xml'
http://testforge.int-evry.fr/d2r-server/data/debbugs/585740

or the N3 version with :
curl -H 'Accept: text/rdf+n3'
http://testforge.int-evry.fr/d2r-server/data/debbugs/585740

Btw, on our D2R server, one can also query custom searches using SPARQL. For
instance :
http://testforge.int-evry.fr/d2r-server/snorql/?query=SELECT+DISTINCT+*+WHERE+{%0D%0A++%3Fs+%3Fp+%3Fo.%0D%0A++%3Fs+owl%3AsameAs+%3Chttp%3A%2F%2Fbugs.debian.org%2F585740%3E.%0D%0A}%0D%0ALIMIT+10
 which will search bug properties for bug #585740 :
 SELECT DISTINCT * WHERE {
  ?s ?p ?o.
  ?s owl:sameAs <http://bugs.debian.org/585740>.
 }
 LIMIT 10

About people, for an example, here's my FOAF profile :
http://testforge.int-evry.fr/d2r-server/resource/foafcarnivore/6688a14521cd97db162af8f9757f2e2232300e50

Given one's email address, it's easy to access one's FOAF profile there with
for instance :
curl -H 'Accept: application/rdf+xml'
http://testforge.int-evry.fr/d2r-server/data/foafcarnivore/`echo -n
"mailto:$DEBEMAIL"; | sha1sum | sed 's/ .*$//'`

Any comments welcome.

Best regards,