On Wed, Apr 07, 2021 at 02:03:47PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> I just updated Debian Trends: https://trends.debian.net/

Thank you.
I noted that the dates in the "smells" sections are still old.  Could
you perhaps refresh those data as well, so that we have a better idea if
things today are even more "smelly"? :)

> I wonder if we should use the start of the next release cycle to decide
> that we no longer want to accept some packaging practices, such as:
> - debhelper compat level << 9

I think it would be excessive to say "no longer want to accept" this.
And, honestly, I'd leave this alone.  old compat level are going away by
themselves without further pushing, plus Niels is also being somewhat
proactive to deprecate the very old ones.

> - source format 1.0 with direct changes in .diff.gz (no patch system)

Also dpatch.  And also 1.0+quilt (ugh). !

> - no support for build-arch and build-indep

Isn't this already a rc bug for a while?  ISTR dpkg is basically
refusing to build them now, and it has been a Policy MUST for years.

They should already have an open bug, perhaps you could double check
this part.  Or maybe I don't understand what you are talking about.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

More about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :