Source: qtchooser
Severity: wishlist

It was determined from https://salsa.debian.org/qt-kde-team/qt/qtchooser/-/merge_requests/2 and a downstream Ubuntu bug on Qt6 not working that QtChooser is dead upstream on purpose.

If it is dead upstream on purpose and should NOT work with Qt6, could we add a Breaks on qt6 and higher, since it is only kept around for Qt5 support and not breaking Qt5 applications that rely on it?  Therefore indicating that Qt6 is not and *will* not be supported on the now-dead-upstream project?

(I'm only caring because this bug ended up on the Ubuntu lists that I'm on and I'd rather see a hard "Nope not supporting later Qt!" in the packaging controls than not if there's no intention for this to support future Qt)

Thomas