Hello,

I had an exchange with a fellow DD about this update and uploading this to bookworm-backports was suggested as a possible alternative considering the large size of the .debdiff :

> olasd | lavamind: in terms of policy, a backport would be allowed (it's a new upstream release, it's in testing, and you seem to be using the package, so you might as well upload it to bpo); That still leaves a buggy package in bookworm, if the bookworm package has never worked, pulling in the newer upstream release into a stable update may be deemed acceptable by the SRMs; looking at the upstream changelog of libapache2-mod-qos, the changes for compatibility with pcre2 (which is what our apache2 now builds against, since 2.4.52-2) have been introduced in libapache2-mod-qos upstream 11.73. Backporting the pcre2 support to the libapache2-mod-qos version in bookworm isn't a very sensible option IMO, in terms of maintainability

If SRMs agree with this assessement, I can close this bug and prepare and upload to bookworm-backports instead.

Thanks!

-- Jérôme