Hi Ole,

Am Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 12:09:22PM +0100 schrieb Ole Streicher:
> > =========================== short test summary info
> > ============================
> > FAILED
> > skimage/color/tests/test_colorconv.py::test_lab_lch_roundtrip_dtypes[float16]
> > FAILED
> > skimage/color/tests/test_colorconv.py::test_lab_lch_roundtrip_dtypes[float32]
> > = 2 failed, 7199 passed, 113 skipped, 1 xfailed, 8 xpassed, 825
> > warnings in 188.02s (0:03:08) =
> > E: pybuild pybuild:388: test: plugin distutils failed with: exit
> > code=1: cd /<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/.pybuild/cpython3_3.11/build; python3.11
> > -m pytest
> >
> > I admit I'd consider simply ignoring these two tests on s390x.
>
> I forwarded them upstream [1]. If they don't have an advice, I will just
> disable them.

Thanks.  I admit I'd love to see skimage migrating to testing soon.  I
do not have any experience how quick upstream is with answering but if
you ask me, just excluding these two tests right now and fix the issue
later to win some time in the release process would be an attractive
idea to me.

> > BTW, I've just uploaded dask which hopefully might work properly so you
> > might consider reverting its exclusion done in your latest upload.
>
> I will probably leave dask out here: it does not give additional
> functionality in the build. We *may* re-include it for testing, but even
> then my impression is that the tests are not really worthwile.

Perfectly fine for me - I just wanted to mention this since I was
writing about skimage.

Kind regards
   Andreas.

--