Hi,

Le dimanche 05 novembre 2023 à 21:49 -0500, Mo Zhou a écrit :
> The following line is what I use for the PyTorch package (ignore the
> fact that I forgot to bump the BLIS abi from 3 to 4):
>
> Recommends: libopenblas0 | libblis3 | libatlas3-base | libmkl-rt | libblas3
>
> So the latest Recommends line for performance critical packages relying
> on BLAS/LAPACK should use:
>
> Recommends: libopenblas0 | libblis4 | libmkl-rt | libblas3
>
> libmkl-rt is oudated (I knew it), but anyway usable. Quite a few months
> ago I wrote the plan for overhauling the MKL package. Will carry it out
> when I'm available for that.

Indeed I think it is ok to add libmkl-rt here despite the fact that it
is non-free, because it is not the default alternative (see Policy
§2.2.1). I’m not really sure that I want to encourage that though.

> libblas3 as the last fallback when none of the others are available.
> This seems missing from the message draft.

It is not necessary to mention libblas3 in Recommends because the
Depends field normally already includes libblas.so.3 | libblas3.
Hence libblas3 is already the last fallback.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer