Hi,

thanks to Rebecca's hint I've updated python-sparse in Git to the latest
upstream version.  I decided to deactivate all patches.  When trying to build
I'm running into several errors:

  ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'sparse._version'   [1]

This is surely due to the removal of versioneer in upstream commit
6fca42bc1cd0acea2153b074658b834231a4d00f  - but I can't imaginge upstream
simply left the according responsible line

sparse/__init__.py:from ._version import __version__, __version_tuple__  #
noqa: F401

and did not noticed that tests are failing.  Am I missing something?

Kind regards
    Andreass.

[1] ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'sparse._version'

--
http://fam-tille.de