also sprach Brett Parker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006.02.21.1023 +0100]:
> *blink* - erm, just out of interest, how does this help? This is just
> going to stop packets from going to that IP, it's not going to stop
> things resolving to that IP, so instead of getting a slow connection
> you're just going to get a connection refused...

... at which point APT will try the next record IIRC. I hope I am
not misremembering this...

> seems like an odd way of doing things - maybe it would be better
> to use a local caching nameserver that you can configure to filter
> out that IP when there is more than one A record available
> instead? (I can't think of a simple way of doing that off the top
> of my head, though)

It also bears the risk of hardcoding and forgetting, or missing an
update.

 .''`.     martin f. krafft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
`. `'`

Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

"if confronted with a choice between all the truth in god's right hand
 and the ever live struggle for truth, coupled with eternal error, in
 god's left, i would choose the left."
                                                   -- gotthold lessing