I have two machines that I run woody on. On one of them, nautilus works
just fine. On the other, starting nautilus produces many, many copies of
the following error message:

Eel-WARNING **: GConf error:
   Failed to contact configuration server (a likely cause of this is
that you have an existing configuration server (gconfd) running, but it
isn't reachable from here - if you're logged in from two machines at
once, you may need to enable TCP networking for ORBit)

As far as I can tell, I do not have gconfd running, and I am not logged
in from multiple machines - I am just running X locally. All my packages
are up-to-date. On the machine with the problem, my home directory is on
an automounted NFS drive that has its root permissions squashed, so if
something needs to run as root and write files to my home directory that
could be the cause of the problem. I also tried to run nautilus without
any of the rest of Gnome running (launching from fvwm) and got the same
result.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike Ross