Andrew M.A. Cater <amaca...@einval.com> wrote:
> That's probably a bug in Calamares. I checked with one of the live cd
> maintainers on this. As has been pointed out, the live cd is really
> intended more for checking than for major use but it does need some work.
> If you found the non-free components - where were they - under the /firmware
> directory?

Thank you for the very helpful reply Andrew.

I always use Debian's "Graphical Installer" option.
I'm not sure what Calamares is, but will look into it.

However, I will also re-word what I now believe to be the primary issue
here into a more succinct message, figure out how to add line-wrap,
and re-submit to a more appropriate list.

Thank you for everyone's helpful replies. Despite what one person
said about not taking me seriously, I believe there's an important
problem here, and that fixing it will be a good thing
for the Debian project.